There’s a bite in the air and nights are growing longer – Autumn is undoubtedly here! While we might be dining outdoors and having braais less, colder days don’t mean the end to entertaining – just take it indoors with beautiful dining furniture and stunning Autumn table settings! We’ve got expert tips to help you pull together a perfect fall tablescape…
Darker Autumn Days: Light Your Dining Room Right
Autumn means days are getting dark earlier and the season brings a different quality of light. This is the perfect opportunity to create a warm and cosy dining atmosphere using lighting:
- Swap bright down-lights for lamp light for a less harsh and more golden light
- This is the perfect season for candles! Have a long narrow table like this Hemmingway dining table? Place a runner up the middle and arrange candles at intervals
- String fairy lights across the mantle or around statues and indoor plants for a whimsical autumn feel.
Decorations and Dining Table Settings
Get creative with your settings! Your table should reflect the best elements of the new season – the colours and bounty of nature:
- Choose reds, oranges and rusts as your base colours for table cloths and serviettes.
- Add a sense of seasonal magic and contrast against heavy browns and reds, by adding elements of silver or gold. For example, layout gold candlesticks and napkin rings
- Put blankets on chairs if there’s a chill or if you’re dining outside
- Pick seasonal flowers for your centre piece! Proteas, Amaryllis and Dahlias also come in autumnal shades that will complement the overall theme
- Gather pine cones or use small pumpkins as fun and inexpensive centre pieces!
- Keep guests comfy and cosy in luxurious dining chairs, like these…
- Enjoy after-dinner coffee on your slip-cover lounge suites, like this Casablanca couch. These are easier to clean and it’s an easy fix to change chair colours depending on the season.